Payment Systems Regulator
Payment systems are always evolving and the PSR is here to make sure they work well for everyone, https://www.psr.org.uk/about-us/jobs-at-the-psr/
Requirements of the role
Purpose of the role
This role is being offered on a 1-year FTC, as maternity cover.
It is part of the effective delivery of the Operations work programme and providing operational support to the wider PSR.
The role will involve developing and implementing business processes to ensure we deliver value for money and ensuring staff adhere to these where necessary.
This will include acting as a subject matter expert in operational areas such as procurement and Management Information (MI) and providing training and guidance as required. The role will involve frequent stakeholder engagement with senior PSR and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) staff.
What will the role involve?
- Leading on procurement needs working with colleagues in the PSR and the FCA
- Supporting the PSR Finance lead on managing financial processes; including planning and monitoring of financial position across the departments and projects
- Maintaining the fee process with colleagues in the FCA, including liaising with external stakeholders, ensuring calculations are correct and reviewing submission data as required
- Working with the Finance lead, developing and producing Finance Operational MI and reporting. This may also extend to wider operational reporting
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with FCA service provision providers from Finance and Procurement
- Take a continuous improvement approach. Challenge convention and non-value-adding activity internally by identifying and recommending pragmatic improvements
- Ensuring that appropriate risks are logged and managed for the areas of work that you are responsible for
- Ensuring that deliverables and outputs meet agreed standards comply with relevant policies, including records management and information handling
- Working effectively and collaboratively across the organisation to ensure effective service is provided to the business
- The Operations team is fairly small and so you will also at times cover colleagues’ duties across other services, including triaging messages and requests from ‘Contact us’, the PSR correspondence function
View on member websiteView
Fixed term, Full time
Flexible working, Hybrid