The energy regulator for Great Britain, https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/about-us/working-ofgem
Requirements of the role
The Office of Research and Economics at Ofgem is looking to expand our energy system modelling capability. Over the coming months this will involve procuring an existing energy system model and bringing it in-house, alongside recruiting energy system modelling professionals and more general modelling professionals without energy system modelling experience. If successful, you will be involved in building this modelling capability within Ofgem, undertaking energy system modelling, as well as more generic economic analysis, as required. For this role, no energy system modelling specific experience is necessary: depending on the energy system model procured and your level of experience, there will be an opportunity for model-specific training. You will be joining Ofgem’s strong economics community working collaboratively with others to lead as well as contribute to high profile projects using your modelling expertise.
Within these roles you will be part of the Analysis profession within Ofgem to support in your career aspirations. After the initial deployment, you will have the opportunity to work flexibly across Ofgem as a member of your Profession, working on cross-Ofgem projects, and/or in teams that require your skills and expertise.
- Undertake robust quantitative and qualitative analysis informing sound advice on key policy decisions,
- Assess the reliability of evidence, including that gathered by more junior team members and give objective advice,
- Provide clear and concise drafting for external and internal audiences, including contributions to briefings, internal decision documents, and consultations. Ensure robust project management and quality assurance processes are in place to deliver high-quality and timely behavioural science and research outputs,
- Ensure effective project planning and timely delivery of outputs,
- Constructive working relationships established with internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively across teams.
View on member websiteView
Cardiff, Glasgow, London
Full time, Permanent
Flexible working, Hybrid